Downwinder one of the most effortless, enjoyable and exhilarating aspects of Stand Up Paddle and one of our favourites. Harnessing wind and tide on a SUP is like riding a roller coaster on water. When conditions allow, i.e., wind, tide and paddler all heading in the same direction you’ve got yourself the ideal Downwinder ride. On the Ria Formosa or the ocean this discipline works magically for beginner, novice and expert paddlers alike and something we are most happy and willing to share with you on your next visit with us.
Starting on Faro Island or Faro City on demand and when the wind is strong enough (more than 10 knots).
You will be informed of the exact time of meeting and the exact location in advance of the date of your SUP outing with us.
What you get
– 1,5h – 2h water time (depending on the wind)
– briefing for safety on the water and to the downwinder SUP technique
– guidance and accompaniment by a SUP instructor at all times on the beach and on the water
– highest standard of NAISH SUP equipment
– life jacket and rash vest
– wetsuit in XS-L – if required or necessary
– Transport back to departure point, if necessary due to wind
Price for what you get
– Single € 55 p.P.
– Couple € 45 p.P.
– Groups 3+ € 40 p.P.
– Children € 30 p.P.
If you want more
– Photo service for € 5 per person/couple
– Pick-up and return to your residence if requested for € 5 p.P. / way up to 15 km each way
Fon: +351 936 735 778
Please bring suitable clothing including swim/beach wear, towel, hat/cap, sun protection and drinking water. Please read the waiver form (click here) online.